Ultimate heroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ultimate heroes

Ultimate heroes

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate heroes

A universe where heroes from Marvel and DC meet each other and fight great evils.

Important Rules

Nicholi
    Nicholi
    Admin

Important Rules Empty Important Rules

Post by Nicholi Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:36 pm

1.) No power playing. Please don't make your character all powerful, or make them never get hit. You need to remember a tiny bit of fair realism. It's not fair or fun to play that way. Even powerful characters like Thor got hit to the ground by someone like Graviton.

2.) No god modding. The playing of other people's characters is confusing and quite annoying, so don't do it. It's also unfair.
    This is unless you have permission from that player (PM them), then it's obviously alright if you've asked permission when you want something to happen to them or want to control them in some way.
    There are many types of power playing and godmodding. The most common being:
    - Controlling other people's characters in posts. (Technically even saying whether an attack hits them and how it hits them is power playing, but for that, depending on the attack, I'll let slide)
    - Omniscient Characters. You may know everything that goes on with the board but your character doesn't! Keep this in mind! This goes right down to knowing other character's name without being introduced. Your character doesn't know everything you know, they only know what they were there to see or have been told.
    - Indestructible Characters. Your character cannot go through a duel without getting hit at all, unless of course your character is like sixty and is dueling an eleven year old. Most characters are not invincible, he or she can get hurt. When in peril, most likely being hunted by another character, a escape route magically appears out of nowhere and you escape easily. This may be fine for certain situations, but not all the time! If you do something, tough, you have to face the music.
    All of these are NOT allowed.

3.) If you're making an original character, or even if you're improving a canon character, let's not get over the top with powers and abilities. This isn't Dragon Ball Z, some mutants may not even be that amazing or strong and generally you don't get more than one general ability, though you may have add-on abilities that have to do with your main power. Like a powerful telekinetic could fly, if strong enough. Let's just not make this a game full of wizards or anime characters.

4.) You may only have eight characters max with a max of six canons out of that, so you could have three canons and five original or two originals or six canon and four originals, or whatever combo. Of course, if your character dies or if you choose to void them, you can make a new one...but I won't let you guys void a thousand times on purpose just to switch characters over and over.

5.) This is a free form roleplay, you guys know what that means, the only moderator duties I have are approving characters/weapons/powers and responding to disciplinary complaints "He's spamming/god-modding/being an a*#hole/etc."
    PM me if you have questions/requests/whatever. I'm always down to talk or answer queries.

6.) There are no permanent locations other than the location forums. They're the permanent frames, and inside of them you can make all sort of RP/location threads, but there's no such thing as a permanent location thread. You could have one thread at Joe Bob's House called "Joe Bob's House", but that isn't the number one permanent location thread for Joe Bob's House, someone could have an RP thread where they go there called "Adventure to Joe Bob's" or something.
    You know what I mean. Also if you want to go to a location in say, Los Angeles that isn't one of the location subforums, you just post the thread in the main Los Angeles forum itself.

7.) Feel free to join roleplay topics or create your own for others to join, there are no fixed locations in this RP other than the location forums that are mapped out. However, have some decency and be tolerant to the RP topic titles as follows...Try not to overcrowd threads, especially battles. It's good to have a good balance of people joining threads and people creating threads. If you already see two or three people in a thread it's a good idea not to rush in unless necessary. If you're making a topic, it might be a good idea to add one of these to the topic description:
    Open: Any player can stop by and post on this topic.
    Ask: PM the topic starter for permission before you jump in.
    Invite: Players may only post if they've been invited by the topic starter.
    Closed: No other players may post.

8.) Role Playing must be done in story form. Post as if you are writing a story. No writing as if this were a script: no letters to indicate actions. Use full sentences, correct grammar and spelling. Personally I recommend the format of thoughts in italics and actual speech in quotation marks. Try to be detailed, I won't make any maximum or minimum limits on post-size but try to stray away from the extremities, try your best to roleplay well. Consider Spell check.